The following are some often overlooked survival tips.
- The code for SOS by flashlight is 3 short flashes, 3 long flashes, 3 short flashes, pause then repeat.
- If you are storing both gasoline and diesel fuel, always store gasoline in red containers and diesel fuel in yellow containers.
- Never use diesel fuel in a gasoline engine and never use gasoline in a diesel fuel engine.
- An emergency electric siphon pump can be made for about $20.00 with components available at most hardware stores.
- The pages of a phone book can be used as a substitute for toilet paper when needed.
- Most canned foods are edible past their expiration dates although their nutritional and taste value may diminish.
- A gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds so factor that in when deciding how much water to carry.
- During a winter power outage, if your generator is not available, perishable foods can be…
View original post 116 more words