How To Make Beef Jerky in 14 Steps
I haven’t met a prepper yet who doesn’t really enjoy beef jerky. Here’s a good method for making this delicious and nutritious treat.
- Trim excess fat from the meat.
- Place the meat in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Mix up your marinade in a bowl while the meat is in the freezer.
- Remove the meat from the freezer. It should be firm but not frozen solid.
- Cut the meat into thin strips.
- Place the meat strips in a clean, 1 gallon zip-lock freezer bag.
- Pour your marinade into the bag with the meat, covering the meat entirely.
- Squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag and then seal the bag.
- Place the freezer bag in the refrigerator overnight and let the meat soak in the marinade.
- Knead the bag occasionally to make sure the coating is reasonably even.
View original post 73 more words